Communication Specialist | Stanford Children’s Hospital | Sept 2017 – Present
Responsible for executing a wide range of informational materials for internal and external audiences.
- Plan, edit and layout content for employee and physician digital newsletters.
- Responsible for managing newsletter distribution, meeting deadlines for content approval and sending newsletters on scheduled dates.
- Manage content calendar for internal publications.
- Manage incoming requests to the communications team and editing/tailoring content for various distribution channels.
Freelance Writer | KasiaGrobelny.com | Themotherlandblog.com | Sept 2011 – Present
Freelance and ghost write for variety of clients writing about business, mobile development, technology, lifestyle and more.
- Creator and principal blogger of lifestyle blog, The Motherland.
- During Master’s program at Stanford, I held editorial internships where I researched, fact checked and wrote content for Sunset Magazine and SFGate. I also worked as a reporter for Stanford’s online publication, Peninsula Press, writing news stories covering local communities in Cupertino and San Jose, California.
Content & Community Manager | Skimlinks | Sept 2014- Dec 2015
Managed the company’s online marketing strategy through social media engagement, email marketing campaigns and content creation across multiple channels.
- Created content for the company website (www.skimlinks.com) and blog (www.skimlinks.com/blog), increasing blog subscribers by 1,060 percent.
- Ran all social media marketing strategies, resulting in a 20 percent organic growth of all social media channels.
- Managed all US PR efforts, writing contributed content and strategizing with PR team to secure national placements in Digiday, TIME, Inc, CNBC and more.
- Wrote, edited and executed email campaigns engaging the company’s 50,000+ publishers.
- Tracked and reported site metrics, strategizing ways to increase page views.
- Organized company-sponsored events including happy hours, meet-ups and dinners and helped launch Skimlinks’ flagship conference, the Content to Commerce Summit.
Content Coordinator | Classic Vacations | Feb 2011 – Sept 2011
Updated and wrote website content on Classic Vacations using Drupal content management system.
- Researched and wrote keyword-rich SEO campaings for hotels and destinations.
Associate Editor | AZ Big Media | Sept 2007 – Dec 2010
Researched, wrote, edited, copy edited and proofread AZ Big Media’s seven publications.
- Worked on Web content creation, editing and posting for AZ Big Media’s websites www.azbigmedia.com and www.aznow.biz on Drupal-based and WordPress platforms.
- Conference coordinator for company’s Southwest Build-it-Green Expo & Conference. Organized topics, scheduled speakers and promoted event.
- Managed contributors and columnists to create compelling editorial content and continue website growth.
- Promoted from Assistant Editor to Associate Editor after one year.
Stanford University Master of Arts — Communication, Graduate Program in Journalism 09/2013 – 06/2014
Arizona State University Bachelor of Arts — Journalism and Mass Communication 08/2006 – 05/2009
Fluent in Polish, native speaker.
Proficient in MS Office, Final Cut Pro X, Audacity, InCopy, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Filemaker Pro, Adobe Acrobat, HTML, SEO/SEM, Drupal and WordPress.
Volunteer Polish scout leader for the past 16 years, working to preserve Polish culture abroad with youth ages 7-18.